Another easy spring/summer lunch recipe idea! For a vegan alternative, substitute chicken with falafel, mushrooms or tempeh! Works well with soft or hard taco shells or go carb-free and have it as a refreshing salad.
2 chicken breasts
4 corn tortillas, or hard taco shells
2 whole tomatoes, sliced
1 tblsp Mekhala Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste (or any of our pastes you fancy!)
1 tblsp cooking oil
For Tom Yum Coleslaw
1/4 green cabbage, shredded
1/4 red cabbage (or 1 large carrot), shredded 1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Simmer chicken in a pot for about 10-20 minutes depending on size.
2. Meanwhile, mix mayo, lime juice, salt pepper and Mekhala Organic Tom Yum Paste. Toss vegetables in mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes before use.
3. When chicken is cooked, shred chicken with 2 forks.
4. Mix shredded chicken with Mekhala Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste and salt to taste.
5. Create your tortilla with chicken, coleslaw, tomatoes, and extra mayo and enjoy!
For another Mexican inspired recipe, check out our vegan Chilli con "Carne" recipe!