A Thai favourite!
500gm/1lb pork shoulder or chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces)
200gm/7oz Thai eggplant (halved) or any sort of eggplant (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1 tblsp cooking oil
1.5 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
Soy or fish sauce (optional)
Thai basil/ kaffir leaves (optional)
1. Heat oil in a heavy based pot. Add pork shoulder and brown quickly.
2. Add Mekhala Organic Green Curry Paste and coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is soft. If too dry, add more water.
3. Add eggplants and simmer another 2-3 minutes till eggplant is soft.
4. Season with fish or soy sauce to taste.
5. Top with kaffir or basil leaves and serve immediately.
*For chicken version, use 1/2 cup water, add eggplants with the chicken, and simmer for only 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked.