(Serves 2 to 4)
1 cup gluten-free pancake mix* 1 tsp Mekhala Organic Cinnamon (Ground)
1 large free-range egg
1 cup milk
Mekhala Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Fresh fruit Honey or maple syrup
1. Whisk milk and egg in a large bowl.
2. Sift gluten-free pancake mix and Mekhala Organic Cinnamon (Ground) into the bowl in 2 batches and whisk to combine. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
3. Add Mekhala Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to pan on low to medium-low heat and spread well with a silicone frying slice.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter onto the pan and cook covered until bubbles form. (About 1 to 2 minutes.)
5. When the batter is almost cooked, flip pancakes and cook uncovered for about another minute.
6. Serve with fresh fruit and honey or maple syrup.
*Gluten-free Pancake Mix
Sift ingredients into a dry, airtight container and whisk thoroughly.
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
3/4 cup White Rice Flour
1 cup Gluten-free Oat Flour
1 cup Buckwheat Flour (raw, not roasted)
3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tbsp Baking Soda
Adapted from this recipe by Minimalist Baker.