(Makes about 30 dumplings)
1 Tbsp rice bran oil, plus 3 Tbsp
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 cm pc ginger, minced
8 Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1/4 Wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded/chopped
2 Carrots, finely shredded/chopped
50g Chinese chives, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Shaoxing wine (optional)
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp white pepper, finely ground
1 tsp sugar
Small pinch Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Add 1 Tbsp rice bran oil to a large frypan or wok over medium heat. Add chopped onion and stir fry until translucent.
2. Add minced ginger and stir fry for a couple of minutes, the add the mushrooms, cabbage and carrots. Stir fry until the vegetables are tender and almost dry.
3. Transfer cooked vegetables to a large mixing bowl and add the chives seasonings (Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper and Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt).
4. Carefully wrap up the dumplings, using 1 tsp of filling per dumpling and placing them on a floured surface.
5. Pan fry dumplings in the remaining 3 Tbsp of oil in a large frypan, until the bottoms are golden, then add enough water to the pan to cover the dumplings half way, put the lid on and let them cook through (you'll probably have to do this in batches). Alternatively, steam or boil the dumplings.
6. Toss the dumplings in Mekhala Coriander Ginger Sauce and serve with extra on the side.