A Southeast Asian twist on this comforting classic using our Lemongrass Turmeric Paste. Top with toasted unsweetened coconut flakes for added texture and a fancier touch!
1/2 a medium butternut squash (about 500g), peeled, seeded and chopped 100ml Low-fat coconut milk, plus extra for serving
500ml Water or vegetable stock
1/2 Tbsp rice bran oil 2 Tbsp Mekhala Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste
1. Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add Mekhala Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste and gently saute until fragrant.
2. Add squash and a pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt. Cook, stirring, for 2-5 minutes, until squash begins to brown.
3. Add coconut milk and water/stock, stir well to combine and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender (20-30min).
4. Puree soup with a stick blender or a regular blender until smooth. If you wish to have a smoother soup, strain it with a fine-mesh sieve. Season to taste.
5. Serve soup with an extra dash coconut milk on top.