Need a healthy, tangy pescatarian lunch idea? Then try our Tom Yum Fishball Noodle Soup recipe, without all the MSG that is usually found in hawker-stall versions. Substitute fishball with firm tofu, mushrooms, prawns, squid or fish slices!
(Serves 2 Persons)
250gm Dried Rice Noodle Sticks
10 Handmade Fishballs (from wet markets) or 10 Medium-Sized Prawns, Shelled
2-3 Chinese Cabbage Leaves, Cut into 1 Inch Pieces
1 Litre Vegetable or Fish Stock
2 Tblspn Mekhala Tom Yum Paste
1. Cooked rice noodle according to packet instructions. Drain and separate into 2 serving bowls.
2. Bring stock to the boil in a pot.
3. Add Mekhala Tom Yum Paste stir to dissolve.
4. Add fishballs or prawns and vegetables, and simmer till cook.
5. Add salt to taste, then ladle soup and ingredients into prepared bowls of noodles.
6. Serve immediately with fresh coriander or sliced chillies.