serves : 4
2 cups spinach
2 medium size potatoes
¾ cup peas, fresh or frozen
2 and ½ tbsp black bean flour
Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt as required
1 or 2 tbsp oil for frying the kababs
Mekhala All-Natural Coriander Ginger Dressing for dipping (optional)
1. Blanch the spinach in salted water. drain and keep them in a cold water. finely chop the spinach and keep aside.
2. Roast black bean flour in a small pan till it becomes aromatic and changes its color. don't over roast or darken the gram flour.
3. Steam or boil the potatoes and peas. in a bowl take the chopped spinach. grate the boiled potatoes in the bowl. Add the peas & Mekhala Yellow Curry Paste.
4. Mash the kabab mixture with a potato masher or with a wooden spoon.
5. Add the Malaysian Aromatic Seasoning, roasted gram flour and salt. mix the kabab mixture uniformly.
6. Shape into round patties and shallow or pan fry the kababs till golden brown.
7. Serve hara bhara kabab hot with chutney or sauce or Mekhala Coriander Ginger Dressing.