1 Tbsp Olive or Rice Bran Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, Sliced Finely
1 Large Onion, Diced
1 Carrot, Diced
2 Sticks Celery, Chopped
2 Tomatoes, Diced
1 x 400gm Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
1Liter Vegetable Stock
2 Cups Kale Leaves, Chopped
Mekhala Himalayan Pink Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan or casserole dish over medium heat.
2. Saute garlic and onions until softened.
3. Add Mekhala Organic Malaysian Aromatic Seasoning and fry for 30sec until fragrant. Add carrots and celery and saute for another 30sec.
4. Add tomatoes, beans and stock. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until vegetables and beans are slightly softened.
5. Mash some of the beans with the back a spoon to thicken soup.
6. Stir in kale, heat through, season to taste and serve.