To celebrate Singapore's 50th anniversary, we've cooked up a local favourite - Black Pepper Crab, using Mekhala's fiery Black Pepper Sauce. Crab is a great source of protein, sustainable and easier to prepare than you would think!
2 Medium Mud Crabs or 4 Flower Crabs
2/3 Jar Mekhala Black Pepper Sauce
3 Spring Onions
1 Tblspn Rice Bran Oil
1. Clean crabs. Discard gills, chop body into halves and reserve with shells and pincers.
2. Chop spring onions into 3 inch pieces.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Add crab and fry until crabs turn pink (about 3 min)
4. Add Mekhala Black Pepper Sauce, fry, and add a little water. Cover with lid and allow to steam for about 5-7min or until crab is cooked.
5. Stir in spring onions and serve.