Who says sweet sour sauces have to be sugary and full of colouring? Mekhala's Pineapple Sweet Sour Sauce is made from organic pineapples and capsicum, and is the perfect way to add vitamin C and delicious flavour to children's meals or adult snacks! Make the meatballs in advance, then just add sauce and serve!
(Serves 4 Hungry Kids)
500gm Pork/Beef Mince Mix
50gm broccoli, diced
50gm carrot, diced
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
½ small onion, diced
Himalayan pink salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat some oil in a fry pan, then sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
2. Mix meat, vegetables, onions, garlic, bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper
3. Roll about 1 heaped teaspoon of meat mixture into a ball. Repeat until all mix is used.
4. Heat oil in large fry pan over high heat, then add meatballs. Turn after 1 min. Lower heat, fry on medium to low heat, turning at regular intervals.
5. When meatballs are cooked (about 5-7 minutes), pour in Mekhala Pineapple Sweet Sour Sauce and simmer until sauce thickens.
6. Serve with rice or on their own.