Pescatarians will love this recipe using tuna, or "the chicken of the sea". Tuna steak, when cooked well, can be succulent and very satisfying, but it can sometimes be dry, so our Black Pepper Sauce is the perfect, fail-safe accompaniment.
Serves 2 people
2x200gm Tuna Steak
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1-2 Tbsp Mekhala Black Pepper Sauce
1. Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper and rub oil on both sides.
2. Add steaks to a hot fry pan or skillet over high heat and cook 30 seconds without moving the steaks.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Using tongs, carefully flip tuna steaks; cook, without moving steaks, until golden brown on second side, about 1 1/2 minutes for rare (opaque at perimeters and translucent red and cool at center when checked with tip of paring knife) or 3 minutes for medium-rare (opaque at perimeters and reddish pink at center).
5. Add Mekhala Black Pepper Sauce until heated through, and serve immediately.